Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Greatest Moment in Your Life (1)


G1

Gatra K N. Never do I forget him, a cute boy with a girl name. :)
First time I met him when I was a second grade of junior high school and he was a first grade of junior high school. At that time, we did our mid-test. Each class was involved two grades; first grade with second grade, second grade with third grade, and third grade with first grade. He sat in forth row and I sat in third row near the door. I did not know him yet. When the bell rang, all of students went out from the class except Arum and I. I talked with her as usual; discuss about the test we had already done. A few minute later, he came in to the class. Arum, who knew him already, tried to tease him. Because of my curious, I asked Arum, “Why you tease him like that?”
“Hahaha, it is because his name is weird. Ga-tra,” Arum replied.
“Gatra? Is your name Gatra?” I asked him to be sure.
“Yes,” he said slightly embarrassed smile. Maybe it is because of my grade that upper than him.
“Gatra means row in Javanese poetry, isn’t it?”
“Haha, you’re right. It is weird, right? And the most weird thing is his nickname. Tatas,” Arum added.
“How come?” I asked, but Arum just shakes the shoulders. Then he just smiled and the bell rang again. It showed that the second test would be started. So, I returned to my desk.
ššœœ
That was the beginning I knew him. Who would have thought that he made my day full of memories during my junior high school which I cannot forget. He made me do silly things I’ve never done before.
ššœœ
A few days after the end of the mid-test, he asked my name through Arum. Then she told me about it exaggeratedly and she began teasing me.
“Ehem,  I think Tatas likes you. Hahaha…”
I did not care enough because I knew her just kidding. Instead, I calmly left the greeting to him through Arum if she met Tatas again. Then Arum more and more delighted to tease me. And at last, some of my friends joined to tease me too. So, if we were meet with him, one of them would said “Ihiiy…”, “Ciee..”, or “Ehem…”
Consciously or not, I became more concerned on him because almost every day my friends talked about him. Something strange began to emerge in my heart when I did not see him and remembered him. His face, his smile, his voice, and his act graved in my mind. I admired him and become his secret admirer.
Since I declared myself as his secret admirer, I met him everywhere, such as in front of the school, the class, the teachers room, the hall, the canteen, or on the stairs. Even I met him in a place I used to wait for G1. Is this a sign?
Unfortunately, I did not dare to do anything in every meeting. I just looked down or pretended not to see him. Once we had eye to eye, I just could smile for a while. I tried to be calm and cool girl since I had this feeling.
One day, I was waiting for G1, a public transport like a bus with orange colour, in front of our school, at the east corner. By the way when I am still waiting, suddenly Tatas was passed in front of me with his friends.
“Subhanallah, what a calm boy he is,” I said in my heart. Then he smiled to me. Actually, I was surprised, but I replied with my best smile I have. The first time my heart was beating because of someone. My face became slightly flushed like a tomato. I did not aware that my friends was noticed my act. Because I was cornered, I finally told them while we were waiting for the bus that was not overcrowded.
First G1, then the second, third and so on, I let them past. I was still waiting faithfully. Finally, from a distance I saw the public transport which was not crowded. I intend to ride but I was surprised because the bus stopped in front of Tatas and he entered into the bus. My heart was beating again although I did not convinced yet that the one who entered was him.
“He is in the bus, he is in the bus, he is in the bus,…” I murmured in my heart until I stopped and entered the bus then sat down. Ah, that’s true. He sat in the left-corner and we were eye to eye again. I smiled, he smiled too.
15 minutes pass. He stopped the bus and went out from the bus at Gang Riswan then he walked into the street. Surprised again. The fact showed that our village is near each other. And I jogging around there frequently every Sunday morning. 5 minutes later, I stopped the G1 at Mount Semeru Street. I have to walk 5 minutes to get home from the street. While I walked to my home, I got an idea. ...

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management